Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Hats

For a long time I have always worn hats. Blue hats, brown hats, black hats, newsboy caps, fedoras, beanies... and so on. Hats have always been a fashion statement for me. They started out as something cute to wear, (two powdery newsies I got from my brothers after they were done using them in The Music Man when I was 13) but as I started collecting more caps and hats they become something I wore all the time. I rarely left the house without one on. Then as I got glasses around the age of 16 hats became a way to hide. I was shy throughout my early teen years, and I found that with glasses and a hat you can hide as though you are wearing a mask. Since then I have changed my point of view though, and I do not wear hats all the time. I still own some hats that I love, and I do wear them. (more often on bad hair days then not) But now I am not afraid to go around with my hair "exposed" and my face more open. I still love hats, (of course, they are amazing) but I now know how to keep them in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment